Monday, January 3, 2011

Ready, Set, GO!

It is Monday. It is the first Monday of the new year. And for the past couple of days I've been getting ready.

I am set.

And that means it's time to GO!

Yes, I have officially kicked off my new healthy eating plan and lifestyle. I'm excited -- in fact I woke up several times during the night thinking about it. I've been reading blogs and looking at recipes, I've been getting some needed motivation and pumping up my hubby to be excited about this too.

I got up and did a weigh in. Sigh. I reminded myself that I've got to start somewhere. And honestly? I'm down a few pounds from a week or so ago (although I don't know how it happened!) so I really can't complain. Still -- I have a long way to go.

I exercised this morning and on the Fast Walk with Leslie Sansone DVD she talked to a couple women who had lost a lot of weight -- one lost 65 pounds in 7 1/2 months. One lost 100 pounds ... the third had lost 110 (the first 100 in 9 months!) I know they weren't just exercising. They were making healthy food choices and most importantly -- they were sticking to it!

I came out in the kitchen and was pleased to find that their wasn't any bread. There weren't any cookies or potato chips in the pantry. The Christmas candy is gone (well -- there are a few pieces left in a box of Russell Stover's but I'm tossing them) and so are the bagels from the weekend.

There is no junk in the fridge. We have apples, oranges, and bananas. I just made a delicious green smoothie (banana, strawberries, blueberries, and spinach) that I'm drinking while I type this. But the big news is ...

I threw out an entire pan of brownies (and I didn't even sneak a taste before I dumped them in the garbage!)

Now that's progress.

I'm off to grab a shower and then cut up veggies and do some menu planning. I have a "to do" list a mile long that will hopefully keep me out of the kitchen but with the huge salad I'm planning for lunch, I don't think snacking is going to be a problem!

Be on the lookout for some of the new recipes I'm going to be trying and my weekly menu plans!

3 comments:

  1. I also need to get healthier and lose weight but first I've had to make a big dent in my clutter to get the New Year off to a good start. I've made good progress over the past several days. I will take the day off today and start up again tomorrow. Hopefully by the weekend I will have much of it done. This week I can also start exercising and thinking about meal planning and healthy snacks. I'm thinking of joining Denise Austin's website for a customized plan. Best wishes as you embark on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clutter is on my list too, although I have to say that moving helped with that immensely. I was forced to clean out, purge, organize when we put our house up for sale. I've found that eliminating the clutter really helps me to think and stay focused. I have quite a bit of organizing to do in my basement office and hope to get to it this week. And I love Denise Austin! I will have to check out her site. I have used several of her DVDs in the past -- and think I'm going to go pull out her step aerobic one to add to the mix! Let me know how it's going for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, well I didn't start on Denise Austin's plan. For now I've just been too busy but you can read on my blog in the new year's posts what I have been doing regarding exercise, health and other goals for 2011.

    ReplyDelete