Thursday, August 19, 2010

Learning Something New!

I've decided it's time that I learn how to use my Photoshop software. This realization came to me when I tried to follow along with a video on blog designing and I had to perform a simple (well, according to the video that made it look oh-so-easy!) task of moving a background image into a template I had created.

I couldn't do it and spent at least 30 minutes trying to figure out HOW to do it. I know I'm going to kick myself when I finally see how easy it actually is.

I debated getting a trial copy of the Photoshop version the instructor was using but I stopped myself. I knew that would lead to spending money later on to buy the software because I now have an inkling how to use it. Wouldn't it just be easier (and a whole lot cheaper?) to just learn to use the version I already have? I think so.

(Image courtesy of Lynda.com)

And so I finally, FINALLY, took the plunge and signed up at Lynda.com to learn how to use my software. And, as time allows, how to use some of the other software I have around here. And I plan to go through the digital photography course available there. And maybe, just maybe I'll actually take a few hours and find out all the stuff I should know (but don't) about my Microsoft Office software.

I'm excited. I can't wait to jump in and start watching videos. Of course, I have company coming around dinnertime and I have a long "to do" list of things to get ready before then. Plus, we're going to attempt RMV again today and *fingers-crossed* get our vehicles registered. I think that might actually make us "official" here in Massachusetts.

And then of course, I need to clean up my work space where I have my desktop computer. I plan to watch the videos on my desktop monitor and then follow the exercises on my laptop. So all you stacks of paper currently occupying my workspace -- hope you didn't get too comfortable. You're about to be moved to a new home.

Did I mention I'm excited?

Yeah. And did I mention I have a really long "to do" list?

Thought so. I'm outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment