Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Habits Come Hard ...

OK -- so it's almost 9:30 at night and I'm just getting to my blog posting. Sigh. What was it my mom always said? Something to the effect that good intentions won't get you where you want to go ... (yeah, quite often I've had to clean up my mom's "words of wisdom". The message was good, just not the wording!)

Well, my intention was to get into the habit of posting to my blog on a more regular basis. I felt that by making it a habit I would start posting as a natural part of my day. I still think that. It's just today ... well, kind of fell apart.

I was off to a good start, even though I barely slept last night and found myself sleeping in late once I finally got to sleep. Then I got into my morning routine (although happily I did not jump on the computer and waste an hour reading emails and facebook.) However, next thing I knew, Dave was sending me a text saying he was on his way home and we were going to attempt the RMV again.

So -- blog post had to wait. Into the shower I hopped and off we went. After we finished at RMV we stopped for lunch and then decided to stop at the bank and open accounts. Only as we pulled into the bank, the car started to stall. And it wouldn't start back up.

Argh! We can't believe that we are AGAIN dealing with car issues! After waiting for an hour for the tow truck to arrive we were on our way to the car dealership.

We didn't get back home until dinnertime and after a quick bite to eat we ran into town for trips to the library and store. Finally we are back home and after checking email, etc., it dawned on me that I was already messing up on my new habit challenge.

SOOO -- my hope is that tomorrow will be a different story. This isn't the post I planned to write. There's time for that. And I managed to get this written in the time I allotted to posting. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment