Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Want HER Life ... I Want To Be THAT Girl

I'm not sure if this post will ever see the light of day but for now, I just feel I need to get some of this down in writing (or print as the case may be.) Sometimes my mind is just so filled up with a gazillion thoughts that it's hard for me to sort them out. Writing helps.

I'm inspired to write this because I just went on what I like to call "my a.m. blog cruise." Just about every morning, I check out several of my very favorite blogs and find myself almost feeling like a stalker (which is why I'm not going to list the blogs I actually visit every day -- sometimes more than once. It makes me feel a little creepy!) To continue ...

I find myself wishing I could be that person. I seem to think that their lives are so much more interesting than my own life is. I admire the posts they write. I am in awe of the wonderful projects they are involved in ... their graphic design ability, their photography skill, their cooking or crafting abilities -- the fact that they are so passionate about what they do that they have hundreds (perhaps thousands) of readers just like me anxiously awaiting the next thing they are going to tell us about. I follow their blogs, I'm one of their Facebook Fans, I even check their Twitter accounts (and I don't Twitter.)

Yep. That's me. The gal on the sidelines wishing I was living someone else's life. And today I couldn't help but wonder what it would actually be like to be that person. What it would be like to be THAT Girl.


(Image of Marlo Thomas found on Google Images.)

Who would I be? What would I be passionate about? What kind of business would I be involved in that I would love unconditionally -- with the only reason that I'm even doing it being because it just brought me so much joy? What would be THAT important to me?

These are the questions I'm going to ponder today. I have several interests (obviously the blogs I follow are a reflection of those interests and the inspirations that I'm drawn to) but what really ranks on top? If I could narrow it down to just a couple of hobbies (maybe interests is a better way of putting it) what would they be? And what is it about these women that I find so intriguing? So compelling? So ... fascinating?

And I'm wondering that once I've discovered this about myself -- how do I BECOME that person?

So now I'm off to begin some thoughtful self-inquiry ...  especially since I see it's already 11:00 a.m. and I'm still in my PJ's and the house is a mess. I can assure you that the women who write the blogs I follow are up at the crack of dawn, have exercised, showered, had some quiet time for devotions, are dressed in something other than jammies and are now ready to spend their day in the pursuit of inner bliss (doing whatever it is that makes their heart sing) -- all by 9 a.m.

If nothing else, I already KNOW I want to be THAT Girl.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, I think you're not alone in that feeling. Except, rarely do we see beyond what is presented on the page. It's good to want to challenge yourself, but not if it means not being true to yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete