Friday, July 2, 2010

Celebrating Independence -- On So Many Levels

This year I'm celebrating Independence Day not only as a patriotic American who values freedom, but as a person who is trying to break free of the habits that have held me back and kept me from being the person I want to be. There are so many aspects of my life that I would like to change, and with moving to a new place that offers entirely different surroundings and opportunities, now seems like a great time to shake things up.

My primary goal is to become healthy. Right now, I'm dealing with the "highs" -- high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high blood sugar levels ... and I know that if I make some changes, I can turn that all around.

So this Independence Day I'm declaring freedom from the pull of fast food, sugar, salt, and dairy. I'm proclaiming my intent to give my body the nutritious fuel it needs and deserves. I am swearing off the couch and jumping on the exercise wagon (or rebounder as the case may be!)

And through it all I fully expect to lose weight and become fit. While healthy is the goal, liking the way I look and feel would be the benefits I am most actively seeking!

It's been a long time coming but it's now or never. And truth be told, it's the never I fear most!

Hello Freedom -- I've missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment