Friday, July 30, 2010

Will I Ever Get Back On Track?

William and I during a horse-drawn trolley ride through Victoria, BC

The past couple of weeks have been ... well ... exhausting.

We had company come visit and then headed off on a fantastic vacation to Alaska. We took a couple extra days after the cruise to take in Seattle before finally hopping on a red-eye flight back to New York. From there we had another 9 hours of driving in order to pick up Rascal and Daisy in Boston and then get back home.

Did I mention we lost those 3 hours that we gained on the trip there? Yeah. Major jet-lag.

We spent the next couple days just trying to get ourselves back in the game. Dave went back to work on Wednesday and I tried to get laundry done and get caught up on all sorts of other household stuff.

And now my brother and his wife are coming to visit for a week. Don't get me wrong -- I'm absolutely thrilled to have them and can't wait to spend time with them. It's just that I'm feeling like I'll never get back on a schedule and all the posts that I've been wanting to share are still just jumbled up inside my head.

So -- I'm going to do my very best over the next week or so to get up early and do some blogging (both writing and reading!) before everyone gets up and wants to start the day.

In the meantime, I have to share the most adorable pictures of Rascal and Daisy that our wonderful pet sitter Kim sent me ...





These are pictures of the pups reading the postcard we sent them! I couldn't believe she took pictures! She posted them on Facebook and had adorable captions on them (mostly relating to whether or not we were bringing a polar bear cub home with us ... )  Gotta tell you -- she made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment